Monday, September 23, 2013

My First Kiss with Rex

We talked for an hour outside my apartment about all the important things. We would soak in each other hug after hug. Interruption after interruption we would always find each other again. We would play around and hide from the other behind the pillar. We did trust falls just to show our dedication to one another. We would talk of fun past memories and just laugh at ourselves. I am so happy we are both so goofy. I showed him the poppy thing I can do with my back and we would talk about missed signals at church. How we thought so differently about what the other was doing. Apparently, Rex was trying to hold my hand and I thought he was just being a brick wall not wanting to...so I didn't. But it turns out he did! Haha. He said goodnight in Spanish...Buenas Noches...he made me guess what it meant and eventually I put two and two together realizing he was saying goodnight. Rex looked at me like he never done before, he slowly backed me up pressing me against my door all the while maintaining contact with me. His gaze was so intense and trusting. The look on his face was one of wanting, waiting, and accepting. He stared into my eyes waited for my gaze then slowly lifted my chin with both of his gentle hands and kissed me on the lips. He leaned in more and more still ever so gently he would pull away. He came right back in. The touch of his lips against mine was tender and loving. We both just soaked it all in, completely savoring the moment of our very first kiss. I love firsts. Rex has introduced me to many firsts and I cannot wait for the firsts ahead. The first time he calls me babe. The first time he calls me his girlfriend. The first time he takes me to his home. The first time we exchange the words...I love you. Tonight was the best first kiss of my life. It was all about anticipation and accepting one another. Leaning into one another, closing my eyes, and feeling his lips press on mine was the absolute best moment of my life. A first kiss is a stepping stone. My first kiss with Rex was just a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment