Wednesday, September 18, 2013

EAC Homecoming Week

Monday
FHE he was late from guyz missed me lesson and brought to my attention of how it could be deter-mentally offensive to someone who has been taken advantage of. I was happy for his feedback and he made me realize that I should of added another part into my lesson.
Ate snickers and cookies. Overheard Rex talking about how he was “working on it” as the Dayle's teased him about a girl they sensed he liked. I totally overheard the entire conversation. This was before I made the reese's bouquet and as I was telling Travis about it. Later I went to the Mr. EAC dance practice at the church.
Pracitce was fun we danced and talked outside my door again.
Tuesday
Devotional and dressing up! Yay...not. We sat by each other in the middle and would casually lean into each other while listening to the lesson. Rex brought his notebook to prove that he too could note take. haha. The lesson was on where we were meant to be. And how when deciding on college there are factors that we cannot anticipate like the drawing force that pulled me to EAC. At the time I didn't know why, but I do know now that I am here to have the opportunity to meet Rex. I was wearing my black pencil skirt and blue flowey top. I remember because walking from choir to institute Rex didn't match at all. He was wearing more brown. Anyways we go to eternal relationships and we talk about the Lord's policy on remarriage. In that class I was so against remarriage because to Taylor's mere mortal mind I am selfish and wouldn't want to share a husband if I died, I would want him to remain faithful to me. The other way around if my husband died I wouldn't get married. I would stay true to the committment I made when we were sealed together in the temple. But Rex was over there totally for remarriage saying it's not bad in the eteranl perspective. Rex got to see my stubborn side that day because I am a very opinated person when it comes to some topics and this was one of those topics. Anyways we end of arguing about it beyond the walls of the classroom and after not convincing each other of our sides we just cutely fight. Rex brings up Safe Haven and how that remarriage is what Jo wanted, but that is Robin and I think I know what she would want because we look alike. We ended up deciding to go back to the institute to talk with our teacher about the matter. Rex and Brother Norton opened my eyes that in the eternal perspective it is not bad for a man to have two wives, but for my human mind I just don't fully understand that. But what I did mold and understand is when Brother Norton put Rex and I in retrospec in the situation that we were married and had young children. He then asked me if Rex died would I remarry at first I said no, then Rex said something that really struck out to me he said for the children please...please. I would need time, but eventually remarriage could be an option if I was ever placed in that difficult position. So Rex won are first doctrinal arguement. Then he took me to the institute library to show me his parent's wedding announcement! Cuttest thing ever! I know that that is what Rex wants. What his parent's had. Tuesday was defiantely an eye opener for me.
Wednesday
Wednesday was my enrichment night and Mr. EAC. Oh boy was I stressed. But it all worked out. I danced awesome and had too much fun watching Rex be Rex onstage. I loved the moment when I gave him the reese's bouquet I made for him!
Picture time with the dance crew!
Baylee's surprise birthday party then going to Walmart to get ingredients to cook a newly parented home a meal. I just took over. I was completely unaware that my taking control and cooking impressed Travis in the process. Alfredo chicken ravioli. Rex kept saying how good it smelt. Overall amazing night!

Thursday
Seminar was at the thatcher building to accommodate for the blood drive. The lesson was about temples and relating them to our physical bodies. I had an apple b/c I wanted to donate blood that day. Rex texted me to save him a seat after I had already sat by my roommates with no more room so when he got there we both just went to the front row to sit by each other. Totally not subtle and he had reese's with him. Happy day! I had braided my hair that day and he liked it! That day our institute lesson was on proper dating at college. A date had to include the three p's: planned, paid for, and paired off. Haha so fun! Thursday was our first official date!!! I had finished my homework and Rex invited me to go rollerblading  Rex legitamitally showed up at my door two seconds after I texted yes. I was so not ready. Haha he was just so excited. I took time to put on my socks. He always opens the door for me and I like that. He helped me put on my skates and then we were off. Having fun rollerblading and holding hands. Hugging each other cutely for longer than normal times just having fun. We would go down awesome little cement hills. It was just a magical night. Then we wanted to go to Hawaiian Snow but it was closed so then he showed me his drum set and then we ended up rollerblading to Caboose. Rex got some weird fruit mixture and japenese candies. I of course got chocolate with chocolate haha we talked about what foods we liked slash disliked. Then we ended up talking about thanksgiving and stuff. Rex insisted that we get our picture taken! How cute! I still want that picture. Anyways it will always be in the caboose as a symbol of our first date. We roller blade back to his car to find he had absentmindedly left his car door open for anyone to come and steal his car. I am dying laughing and can't contain my humor at his disbelief of how he could do something like that. His concern for my phone was cute! Everything was fine! We hugged goodnight and it was fun!
Friday
One good day. I went thrifting and had a lot of fun. Then made cookies with Chantel then got all excited to go to the 125th celebration of EAC. Rex is amazing on the drums and I would just listen to him play and watch his funny facial expressions. Then Chantel and I came back to my apt. then went to see the fireworks and bonfire. Rex had texted me FIREWORKS! He had remembered how much I said I loved them. I couldn't wait to get to Rex and just spend some time with him at work. I get there and he has Nacho already to go from visitng my COMM class and what we learned about the onion made him think about the nitty gritty. Haha. He got martinelles for us and was so super sweet of him! We watched a scary yet hilarious vacuum commerical to celebrate friday the 13th and he said he wasn't really scared that he just wanted an excuse to hold me. So we start watching kid history and are all cute and cuddly when Krissi comes needing to talk to Rex. My appreciation for this man grew sky high as I got to witness first hand his love, compassioin, and understanding for sweet Krissi. After she left I thanked him for being so sweet and instead of just playing the kid history video Rex turns on All About Us by He Is We. Rex just danced with me and I loved every second of it. Krissi came back and asked me to walk her to her car. I was more than willing and walked her to her car safely. I only had a little bit of time left with Rex and so I literally ran back to him. I sat on the counter just looking at him and he comes and swoops me into his arms spinning me around like a baby. He places me back down and just hug dances with me. I was so in like with him in this moment it was crazy. We say goodnight and it was the first time Rex kissed my cheek that night.
Saturday
The parade, sonic, and then...meeting the parents.








Meeting Rex's parents for some random reason made me super nervous. Usually I love to meet the people I date parents, but for Rex it was different. I think it's because of the seriousness and I'm at college now. Meeting parents is like a big step. BIG step. Rex and I just agreed to take it slow, when all the sudden his parents came to town for homecoming halftime show. I get that and I was so happy they support him it was just that I wasn't fully ready. But I'm Taylor and I got over it. I had to make it not be awkward and focus on how truly exciting it was! Rex wanted me to meet his family! Eek! I felt the pressure placed on my shoulders of all the unknown expectations of who his parents have always seen Rex marrying. Not that we are going there, but you have to weight that to understand how when I met them it was like I was meeting that expectation. Luckily his mom is an angel and she was so understanding yet excited to meet me. I liked her right off the back! She doesn't beat around the bush and I like that about her. Rex's dad is a big guy, but I could tell he was a real genuine guy who loved his family. There is nothing more respectable than that. Rex's brother Kevin was super chill and easy to talk to. Plus, he thought I was funny which helps. I thought Kevin was older than Rex, but looking back that was a ridiculous assumption because Rex is just so much more mature. Rex is handsome and sometimes I just have to look at him. He makes me happy. Anyways his family asked about me, my family, and my major. Showing them the video from Wednesday's performance was fun to see them enjoy our hard work felt nice. I like his family and I laugh at myself when I think of how nervous and pacey I was because they were just awesome. No stress.
Magic show.
Old jazz group playing music.
Performing the dance for his family then attempting to play volleyball and basketball.
Saying goodbye and him singing, "I'm glad you came." Cute.
Showered and got ready for the game. Rex was looking dapper in his marching band tux and I love watching him conduct the band with such passion and enthusiasm. He truly loves what he does. My nerves where on edge for half time where the bands would play and rex would bang on drums! They got a firetruck with all the Mr. and Mrs. EAC candidates and announced that REX WON HOMECOMING KING!!!!!!!! I was with his family and we all eekkked with excitement and me and his mom had a special freak out moment over our happiness for him.
Family said there congrats and goodbyes. Before we took pictures and his family is just so simply happy it makes me happy to watch them just treat each other good.
Rex gave me half his chocolate symphony bar. So romantic. Said I deserve it. So cute! But really Travis deserved some too so I saved him half of my half. Haha.
Then came annoying Jason blah blah. Then meeting Rex for the dance. Picture. Then going to his work and talking about Braxton's advise. Then talking with Rex's mostly sister at his work. We hugged and said bye Rex also kissed my check that night!



Sunday
I wore my pelleted pink with white polka dot two dollar thrift skirt. Had fun at church with Rex and we would try to secretly hold hands and touch without others seeing. Then he invited me to dinner with his married friends! Jordan and Amy's whole relationship started with a jolly rancher and I think that is just so cute! I loved watching Rex cook because he is just so freaking entertaining! So much fun. Then to home teaching night where he would rest his head on the back of mine. He was just being goofy. It was cute. He leaves for work. We go home. I get my homework and I go see Rex. John and Travis were there working and that was fun. Rex and I would tickle each other and try to study! Haha Key word try! Rex kissed my cheek that night while we were snuggling. I went home and was just happy. Rex has that affect on me.

Homecoming was a fun week filled with Rex, my enrichment night, and our first official date! We have a natural progression going in our relationship and its a comfortable pace. I look forward to future weeks with this amazing guy for some reason happens to like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment