Monday, September 23, 2013

The Duncan Experience!!!

You know those days where you don't want them to end, this was one of those days for me. Rex along with his close friends took us on an all day and all night date to the wonderful little town of Duncan, Arizona. We went to the Duncan Fair. Watching the Mud Races was a blast because we were all on the stands sitting while we guessed which trucks would win. Rex got a text and did a little freak out dance...still don't know what that was about all I know is that it was absolutely adorable! The music would play the songs over and over again as if they only had a selection of songs and were hoping we wouldn't notice. Haha. Going to the different Art Exhibits and looking at the many selections of varied art gave me the chance to just relax. Then the blessed Doterra Oils...hmmm! How I love them! These ladies gave Rex and myself a conjure of orange with lavender oil informing us to breath in through our nose and breathe out our mouths as we slowly pulled our hands away. Can I just say those oils totally just cleared my nose right up! The smell was so fragrantly strong that it made us both laugh at ourselves as we did this again and again...every time the smell slowly decreasing. The ladies prodded us to get this male female mix to try out. The same oil would smell differently depending on if you were a boy or girl. Rex and I were more than eager! We rubbed it onto our necks then the ladies told us to smell each other...haha! Rex turned to me and just busted into laughter! We exchanged a look then came to our necks breathing in the essential oils. Boy did Rex smell good! I got a nice, big whiff of him! Can I just say how awkward it was to neck in order to smell each other in front of three old ladies...very! We got in the car sharing our seat belt heading now to the cotton seed. Playing in the cotton seed is such an adrenaline rush and is fun to just let go allowing yourself to be spontaneous. Jumping off the cotton seed I would flip off like I had seen Rex do many times before, the first time went great, but I completely biffed it the second time around. I flipped too hard causing my body to flip twice forcing my mouth slam into my knee as I rolled uncontrollably unto the hard cement. Let's just say I have bruises to show for it and had a fat lip for about an hour. Just another one of my grand mess ups in front of none other than Rex. Of course he was concerned and adorable as he helped me, but come on still embarrassing! Finding ourselves at the dairy we all smelt the beautiful fresh cow milk and poured the group a gallon to share. Rex was so helpful as he got the spout ready and poured everyone a cup of perfectly chilled, yummy milk. If you didn't already know I am a milkaholic. I avidly drink milk on a daily basis and to have the opportunity to make a friendship toast with milk is more or less a perfect moment for me :) Thinking back to Oakley we head over to the Duncan Rodeo to watch barrel racing and bull riding. Such an exciting experience to see others work hard to grip onto a ferocious bull. Finally we made our way to the dance and being in Rex's arms is all I ever need to be happy. I love to dance with Rex because he is goofy, tall, and has some great moves! Dancing to all the different country styles of music we are constantly on our feet just trying to follow Travis's hilarious father. Of course we were making fools of ourselves, but we did it together and that is all that matters. There is something about Rex that just draws me in...he captivates my attention always making me forget what I wanted to say because he is that amazing! The all-famous fair rides lived up to the lifelong tradition of making me sick to my stomach, but for the first time I had company! Rex got sick too! Haha. We just sat and talked about past relationships as our friends went on the Zipper. We thought we'd be brave and ride the Ferris Wheel, but that just made us more sick. The ride home Rex drove and he'd have to answer one of my questions to get a fruit snack. I asked him random questions wanting to get to know him even better as we helped time pass by faster. Returning home to the apartment he hugs me goodnight as we both agree all we need is to sleep our sickness off. My Duncan experience was a wonderful day filled with one terrific man and friends that are close to my heart! This date was one of our best yet!


            Our Group Date

No comments:

Post a Comment