Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Thinking Back

Thinking back to the first moment I saw Rex more than just a funny attractive guy was my first Sunday at my new YSA ward. Rex would jump up and be bishop's right hand man explaining things and telling everyone how things were. He explained the difference between gospel doctrine and gospel principals. Rex always was willing to give service and volunteered to pass the sacrament that day. Very impressive. After sacrament I went into the institute library to get set apart for my new calling. I was just looking at books in the fiction section when I look up and Rex is standing up asking if anyone was sitting next to me. I said go ahead and he smiled while he sat down. He just has one of those faces that draw your attention. I went back to looking at a book I was interested in when he started asking me questions. I told him I was from Idaho and he was like do you know where Kusco was? Obviously I have never heard of Kusco, Idaho and gave him a weird look. He resorted to making the connection to the movie emperor's new grove and I kept thinking...who is this guy. Bishop came and took us girls away. I got up to leave and Rex was trying to convince Bishop to let us stay. It was just weird. Of course I left I'm gonna listen to my Bishop over a guy I just met, but it was cute when he looked sad to see me go. Then he sat in front of me that night at devotional. Fun. Later he told me that was the night I diverted his attention from Chantel. I think that is hilarious because I didn't even know him then or her. But now I do and it's just funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment