Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My Weekend Away

My roommate Kaitlyn and I went to Globe for the weekend to spend time with my second parents. How I love the Rainwaters...awww too much! Barbara or what I call her Bra Bra is the sweetest woman I have ever known. Her husband Troy and her opened up their home completely to be making me feel ever so welcome. The endless supply of homemade food, ice cream, and theater candy was always there for us girls. There home is beautiful. Water fountain, massive family room, personal gym, and a home movie theater is just a wonderful, wonderful thing! I absolutely loved going back to my hometown to reminisce in the loved ones of my past as well as live in the new friendships of now. As you all know I have met someone and let's just say he is my special friend. There is so much to tell! Let me disclose one detail though, his name is Rex. Rex is tall, dark, and handsome yet so dedicated to his spiritual self along with being extremely confident and funny. Is it kind of pathetic that I highly debated coming to Globe that weekend because there was a football game and Rex was teaching the Sunday school lesson? Well I did, but I knew that I needed to really think things through and if I missed him it would confirm my feelings for him. Checking into the apartment back in Thatcher, Payge informed us of a snake in our apartment! (Insert girl freak out here) Kaitlyn and I immediately think to call Rex to get him there to help Payge. Being caught up in the moment I forgot that he was conducting the band at the game. Rex replied with a text asking what we needed and I told him that we handled it. Then Rex told me he wouldn't of been any help because he is afraid of snakes! Haha, how cute! Kaitlyn and I try to shack off our fear by watching The Lizzie McGuire Movie. We are such girls. May I just tell you of my absolute and utter love for my purple bed. This purple bed is my happy place and I could literally sleep all day long in its comfort. The fact that it is Temper Pedic probably has something to do with that...it is like sleeping on a cloud of happiness. There were two guest bedrooms, but this bed was THAT GOOD that we slept in the same room. Kaitlyn is such a strong and beautiful girl. Spending time with her and bonding in Globe really helped us connect on a deeper level. She is incredible. She is generous. She is flat out hilarious. As Kaitlyn would say herself she is one big BH. I love her and was more than happy to share my life with her. Sunday Barbara and I watched I am mormon videos for hours and somehow got to talking about Rex. I told her how he made me feel and how he is just like Braxton; fun, likable, genuine. Barbara told me to tell Troy and getting both of their approvals to pursue Rex was such a relief as well as comfort to my sanity. This boy literally came into my life so fast and unexpectedly that I don't know what to do with him. He is messing up all my initial plans, but also folding into my future plans. Labor day we headed to the Pinale Mountains where we razored and ate Subway sandwiches enjoying each other's company. I talked and had a heart to heart with both Troy and Barbara. I love them both very much and there kindness means more than any extravagant thing that money can buy. Saying goodbye was bittersweet with roses, Dairy Queen shakes, and a tenderly written thank you card, but I couldn't wait to get back to college and have more fun experiences. Kaitlyn on the ride back informed me that she wants to conceive on the same day as me and I thought that was funny! There are times in ones life where you look back and remember that that was a good day. This weekend was one I will always hold dear to my heart. Thank you to Barbara and Troy for the wonderful people you are to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment