Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Our Night in the Cotton Seed

Friday was all I looked forward to that week! I was sooo super excited to hang out and be around Rex. We shared a seat belt because Rex was freaking out about safety...super smooth! Listened to music were terrible djs and time flew by. Went to Travis’s house ate awesome food then went to the church. I met Chantel and she is too cute. Everyone had changed clothes and were ready to start the show. Rex looked for me and I was sitting by the girls...I didn't realize he wanted to sit BY me...oops! I told him to just sit by his friends. The concert was amazing! Travis's piano song fireworks was beautiful and his arrangement of my shepherd almost made me cry. When Rex would sing I would just be drawn to him. He has an amazing ability to be super animated and engaged in his singing. Its super cute. After we hugged and he was all like Good Job thanks for coming trying to be funny. Haha. Then we all changed again , but into crappy clothes. We were headed to the cotton seed. Little did I know how much fun that would be. They took us to this HUGE barn and in the back end of it was tons and tons of cotton seed all piled up! The whole activity was climbing up the seed to the top where it was sturdy enough to just walk around and then you would go to the end and drop off. Rex would grab my hand and we'd jump or he would throw me. Whenever his friends Daniel or Rylan would fall over with me he would mark his territory by coming to my side letting the guys know, hey back off dudes. Haha Anyways it was my very first time playing in cotton seed and I love trying new things. Everyone eventually wearied themselves out and we decided to take a seat. Rex was laying down but when it came to story time he made his way to me. Sitting there filthy and covered in cotton was fun but very uncomfortable. Some girl was dying coughing and Daniel is just telling this excruciatingly long story about the choomp. I was just running my hand through the cotton playfully throwing it on Rex's leg when Rex just grabs my hand. I had already decided that it'd be cool if he did but it was no big deal if we didn't ya know because we were still getting to know each other. Holding hands with Rex is fun! Both of us can not for our lives sit still. We have to be constantly moving. We just get into a good rhythm. Daniel ends the story and I think it is hilarious! We jump off one last time and help get the cotton seed off of one another. Then back to the car. We went in search of a water pump to hose ourselves off and a women followed us...it was awkward but oh so funny. On the car ride home we kinda held hands but mostly I just remember falling asleep on his chest as he sang songs beautifully in my ear. Let me remind you that this was only the beginning. What a night to remember, but wait it isn't just mine that night belongs to Rex too. It was our night in the cotton seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment