Friday, September 20, 2013

Duck Ponds

Date night with Rex. We got a group of close friends together and went to Duck Ponds. The date was supposed to be a surprise, but Bryce ruined it for me by guessing what we would be doing with bread. The missionaries came over that night for dinner. Rex and Rylan were talking about how much bread he had and Bryce asked if we were going to the Duck Ponds to fed ducks...Rex was very upset. Haha. In a cute way though...it was more like really you just ruined the surprise! Haha Bryce was on the money though because that is just what we did and let me tell you it was such a fun night. The car ride was hilarious because Rex made a dilemma about one couple having to be split up in a six person car. He wanted to sit by me that much! I wouldn't of never even realized that taking Travis's car would cause such a problem. Thankfully we have amazing friends and throughout the night we would alternate not sitting by our dates. I just think its cute Rex was so concerned! Arriving at the Duck Ponds was a blast! There literally was a fork in the road and Rex would pretend to almost hit it. Picture this: night time, moon reflecting off the pond, and ducks swimming gracefully below your feet. Romantic right? Very! We all scrambled and gathering bread to fed to the ducks. We get handfuls of bread, crumble it in our hands, and toss it out to the ducks. I was in love with that moment. Sitting there, together, surrounded by friends in a beautiful moment we all can look back on and smile. Plus throwing a piece of bread directly at a duck's head is fun! Baylee and Rylan along with Travis and Kyla casually ditch us so that we can have a moment. Yea, no that didn't happen. We then resulted to tossing bread over the bridge to the ducks in the water below. Rex would pretend try to throw me in! Too much fun! Rex caught one and came running to me so I could pet it. You can see the picture above...we are just adorable! I then attempt to catch my own duck and I epically fail. I would run up and down the pond with no luck. Rylan suggested I quack like a duck...yea...I can't quack. Skipping, running, and dancing all of us ended up at the lighted playground! We would play tag and run after each other just letting go and having fun. I would fall and laugh while Rex would be jumping on everything. Rylan and Rex would make everything a competition. Baylee and I would just watch them laughing at how silly they were being. There was this green climb up on thing and Rex said no one can see inside it. We climb to the top and drop down to the bottom into each other's arms just happy to have the embrace. Rex is warm and I love being hugged by him. He is so strong and I feel safe in his arms. Coming together we talk about each other. Haha. Baylee and Rylan subtlety start singing 'We are Men' from Mulan trying to get Rex to kiss me. Rex was completely unaware and didn't make the connection while I was dying laughing. We went to McDonalds and got ice cream. YUM! Rex would put cold ice cubes down the back of my shirt. Cold! Haha but it was cute, flirty fun. Coming back to my apartment we watched, "Ever After" and can I just say that I love that movie even more now. Rex is just so cuddly and we were just cute holding hands. My new favorite thing is when Rex gets his face close to mine and nuzzle my face with his...awww love it! My favorite line is, "what a clumsy thief I turned out to be!" hahaha. Travis and Kyla go home leaving me lying on Rex's chest. I just smell him in and savor the moment of being near him. I make small talk, but the entire time his heart is just pounding out of his chest. I knew, I knew we weren't ready to kiss. We agreed on taking things slow and I want our first kiss to be perfect so I called him on it by reminding him of what we had talked about. Rex goes back to being Rex and makes fun of himself by going ba-bump, ba-bump, ba-bump (like a loud heart beat)! Hugging him and seeing him go isn't anything like a goodbye it is merely saying until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment