Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Rex's Readings

Rex has a fascination with reading doctrine rich books that are highly recommended by the lds faith. He loves good wholesome books and although I prefer some fictional romance I too enjoy reading books about my faith. Rex has a long list of books that his loves like What I Wish I Knew Before My Mission and What I Wish I Knew When I was a Young Single Adult both by John Bytheway. Now I love John Bytheway! He is so optimistic, happy, and he can just relate. He can relate anything to anyone, it is a gift that he possesses. I love his movie Standards Night Love, I practically have it memorized! Rex loves his outlook on life and shows it by how much he refers back to John Bytheway's writings. Rex told me of another book that absolutely blew his mind! Satan's War On Free Agency by Greg Wright was just that book. Rex really wanted me to come to his same realization and wanted me to read his book. I love to read and couldn't wait to read it! The next day Rex brought it to me and I immediately started reading. I love how it really focused on the difference between choice, freedom, and agency. Once I understood the distinct differences of these key words the rest of the chapter just added upon my knowledge of the plan. I learned so much from this amazing book and from Rex's constant scribble of notes I knew he had too. I could tell that Rex loved when he understood something new, his excitement would show even in just simple under-linings and funny faces. I love how this book taught me that Satan's plan was not one of force, but of freedom. This realization is HUGE! Totally makes so much more sense because Satan is smarter than we give him credit for and knows how to manipulate bad lifestyles to the point where they become appealing. The examples of good parenting in this book are precisely what I grew up with. Good parenting is loving, but applying discipline as it applies. Rex also agrees with the parenting methods of Mr. Wright. Haha Wright is right! Reading this book with Rex helped us to grow closer. He let me inside his inner thoughts and allowed me a window into his heart. I look forward to reading many more eye opening books with my amazing, goofy man.

No comments:

Post a Comment