Thursday, December 12, 2013

Our Day on the Mountain!!!




What a wonderful day this was! Three things: Rex, me, and Mount Graham. Oh how much fun we had exploring the woods! Rex has an obsession with climbing trees! He is really a great climber. He would just climb those trees. Something I really enjoyed about this day is that there was no time constraints. We just walked hand in hand up a trail just savoring the scenery. There was no rock unturned, path untaken, or crevice unseen. Coming together and just being alone in nature brought such peace to my heart. This was a morning of relaxing and for the first time since college I could feel my heart sigh. I was so happy that day! And the reason for that is Rex. Even when he fell from a tree and slid 20ft into another tree I was terrified, yes, but more than that I realized how much I care of Rex and his well-being. I don't want Rex to be hurt or feel pain. Seeing him fall before my eyes made my heart jump. I ran down and tried to help me but actually ended up hurting myself. haha. Classic Taylor move. Rex had a nice battle scar from his nice fall and you can see it above! Also, he shirt says, "I'm Worth Waiting For: Abstinence Until Marriage." Oh my. Hahaha. He got it from a stake dance when he was younger...I just think it's funny that he wore it ON our date. Oh Rex. Rex's sliding down the mountain was our way of ending our day on the mountain to a dramatic close. As we head back to town we had a great discussion about silly, important in the long run things like how many kids we wanted, names we liked, and holidays. Rex got us a dominoes pizza and we headed to get a Redbox. I convinced him to get Here Comes the Boom with Kevin James and oh my how hard we laughed! I love this movie because I watched it with my entire family and watching it with Rex made it so much better. Hearing his life and seeing his happiness makes me feel special. Rex and I deepened our relationship that day. We never even had awkward moments. We are great at spending time together and enjoying each other's company. Rex is so fun, goofy, and athletic! I had an amazing day with him that day...looking back I truly reflect on it as one of my favorite days where it was just the two of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment