Saturday, February 1, 2014

A Firework Engagement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The flames of burning fire were easy to spot in pitch black skies as Rex and I drove into Red Knolls. We were getting warm by the fire when, out of nowhere, came a firework with a piercing sound of excitement. This explosion can't even begin to explain my complete amazement as spotlights revealed the man I love kneeling before me. There was Rex literally in the spotlight with both of my hands in his. As I realized that this was real and not some dream I looked ever so deeply into the eyes of my best friend. Rex told me that he loves me and I told him that I love him back. Then with the most sincere, intense, and serious gaze told me that there is no one else he would rather spend eternity with. Then Rex pulled out a ring box from his pocket revealing a ring I couldn't even see because I was crying as Rex asked me, "Taylor, will you marry me?" I exclaimed a heart-felt yes! Rex enveloped me in an enchanted moment as he slid the rose-gold engagement ring on my left hand. I felt his love so profoundly as fireworks filled the night sky! For one perfect moment it was just Rex and I against the world savoring the moment of our engagement. Then all of our dear, close friends came to join in the celebration! Obviously they were in charge of the spotlights, fireworks, photography, and video. I was shaking as I hugged all my girlfriends. Their faces exemplified my wonderful surprise. Rex was in a victory circle with all the guys smiling like fools in love. They took pictures of my ring and then of the two of us. We all hugged and I kept saying 'Oh my gosh' haha. I will be forever thankful to our amazing friends. I had no idea that today I would be getting engaged. Rex took me completely by surprise and that's what I want to always remember, that life is full of surprises and that I'll always have the man of my dreams to keep me on my feet. I love Rex with all my heart. He is my best. I love the man that he is and I will never cease to be amazed by his goodness. Our engagement is a night I will always remember and a night I will carry with me, always.

Now From Rex's Vantage Point:
The plan was perfect, nothing could go wrong. The week before I had gone to New Mexico and purchased the fireworks.  Now it was Friday night. I had done a good job buttering her up before hand and nonchalantly suggesting the idea to go to Red Knolls.  Everyone was in place and we were on our way.
My fingers were crossed that she was still clueless, and she was.  We walked up to the fire and just talked. Taylor was just enjoying the moment while I felt the eyes of anxious friends surrounding us in the cracks of the rocks.  I was getting real nervous as I made small talk trying to stall. What was taking Rylan so long?  Finally he set off the first firework and Taylor screamed.  Baylee then came around the corner as the spotlights hit us. I knew that was my cue to get down on the knee. But Taylor was just confused for a minute. Finally it hit her what was happening and she gave me her attention. I spoke from my heart and popped the question.  By this point she was crying and then everyone was setting off the rest of the fireworks just as planned.  It was awesome.  I wish that moment would have lasted forever! We took it all in! We were screaming with joy.  All the friends came around and we started celebrating.  I was so happy and Taylor was in shock.  I was relieved that it all worked as planned and Taylor was blown away that it actually happened.  My dreams came true tonight! I cant wait to spend eternity with the one I love.  She is perfect for me and she deserved nothing less than the best proposal I could muster up.  BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!!!

2 comments:

  1. Taylor, I love you! This is so darling. And beautifully written! Happiest of wishes for you and your love. Can't wait to celebrate your big day. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sidnee!!!! I'm so glad you liked it! I love you right back girl!!!! Ahh I can't wait either!! So exciting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete